Frank Sinatra’s Twin Palms Estate

Mid-century glam.

View Entire Article

Frank Sinatra’s Twin Palms estate is synonymous with Palm Springs and mid-century design and architecture. The home, also known as the Sinatra House, is located in the Movie Colony of Palm Springs and is a staple on tours during Modernism Week, an annual celebration of the mid-century modern aesthetic.

The residence has been lovingly maintained. Designed by E. Stewart Williams in 1947, it defined and set the standard for a growing design movement in Palm Springs. Named after the twin palms adjacent to the grand-piano-shaped pool, the four-bedroom home is unquestionably Sinatra’s most famous property, still drawing fans—young and old—to its front doors.

Playing host to countless Hollywood parties during the singer’s heyday, the Sinatra estate is also said to be where the singer carried out several love affairs. According to Palm Springs folklore, a crack that still remains visible today in a basin (in one of seven bathrooms in the 4,500-square-foot bungalow) resulted when Sinatra threw a champagne bottle while quarrelling with his second wife, actress Ava Gardner.

Rat Pack memorabilia and vintage furnishings including a built-in recording console decorate the artist’s first Palm Springs home. Originally intended to be a getaway from hounding paparazzi, the residence is now a vacation rental for large groups and a party venue for those seeking a touch of old Hollywood glam (bookings can be made through Natural Retreats). Twin Palms is the perfect place to play out your Rat Pack fantasies.


See more of Palm Springs

Categories:

Post Date:

March 23, 2017