MONTECRISTO Magazine: A Vancouver State of Mind.
MONTECRISTO collaborates with some of the finest writers, illustrators, and photographers working in Vancouver to create an engaging, eclectic editorial mix, including fashion, culture, food, wine, travel, books, art, beauty, business, architecture, design, and more. The magazine also puts a particular emphasis on philanthropy and local history, as well as artisans and craftspeople in Vancouver and abroad.
Founder & Publisher
Allie Turner & Niko Bell
Director of Sales, Marketing & Distribution
Distribution & Office Assistant
MONTECRISTO magazine’s most recent honours are listed below.
Environmental Printing Awards
2019 Climate Champion Award for outstanding support of Hemlock Printers’ Zero program and MONTECRISTO’s
commitment to action on climate change.
Silver medal at the 2010 Environmental Printing Awards for the most environmentally progressive print project in Canada.
Folio: Eddie Awards
2019 Finalist for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine – Fashion & Beauty category for “Uncanny Valley” from the Spring 2019 issue.
2019 Winner for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine – Fashion & Beauty category for “Overcast” from the Winter 2018 issue.
2017 Honorable Mention for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine – Animals category for “The Other Side of Lost” from the Winter 2016 issue.
2015 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (MONTECRISTOmagazine.com).
2014 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (MONTECRISTOmagazine.com).
Folio: Ozzie Awards
2018 Honorable Mention for Best Print Photography for “Time Management” from the Winter 2017 issue.
2012 Silver Ozzie Award winner for Best Use of Photography in a Consumer Magazine for “Homestretch” from the Summer 2011 issue.
National Magazine Awards
Winner for Best Portrait Photography for “Never Left Art School” from the Winter 2012 issue.
Finalist for Best Still-Life Photography for “Homestretch” from the Summer 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Winner for 2014 Best Online Magazine (MONTECRISTOmagazine.com).
Finalist for 2014 Magazine of the Year (B.C. and Yukon).
Finalist for Best Arts, Culture, and Entertainment Feature for “Never Left Art School” from the Winter 2012 issue.
MONTECRISTO and NUVO Magazines are seeking to fill a full-time, permanent position: Distribution and Office Assistant.
If you are dynamic, and detail-oriented with a desire to grow your skills in a professional environment, this is an ideal position. As you will be the hub of all departments, it is a unique opportunity to experience the growing world of media.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Distribution services: customer service via phone and e-mail to readers and distribution partners, plus database management using a customer relationship management system while maintaining a high standard of organization.
- Reception services: scheduling couriers and shipping, telephone duties, managing office supplies, reconciliation and filing and greeting a few visitors while following protocols of workplace plan.
- Marketing: data analysis of ongoing distribution marketing activities, including industry and market research, to present research results and information on current activities
- Outstanding organization and communication skills, especially when simultaneously working with various team members and tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Creative solution creator
- Ability to work well independently and take direction from multiple team members while meeting deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office abilities including Excel
- Experience with WordPress, WooCommerce, UX design, digital marketing, and e-commerce an asset
This position is in-person at our Vancouver office Monday to Friday. Full-time team members can opt-into extended health benefit program.
We thank everyone who takes the time to apply, but as we are a small team, only those that have successfully moved into the next phase of our recruitment process will be contacted.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTECRISTO is printed by Hemlock Printers, a carbon neutral company in Vancouver, B.C., using recyclable inks on 100 per cent post-consumer recycled paper that is ethically sourced.
MONTECRISTO was awarded 2019 Climate Champion Award for outstanding support of Hemlock Printers’ Zero program due to its commitment to action on climate change.
MONTECRISTO follows and engages with environmentally and socially responsible initiatives. Our in-office recycling program diverts materials from the landfill back into reuse. MONTECRISTO uses Rolland’s Enviro® paper made from 100 per cent sustainable recycled paper for corporate communications. Made from 100 per cent post-consumer sustainable fibre, and with biogas as a main energy source, Rolland’s Enviro® product line has the smallest environmental footprint in North America’s paper industry.