MONTECRISTO Magazine: A Vancouver State of Mind.
MONTECRISTO collaborates with some of the finest writers, illustrators, and photographers working in Vancouver to create an engaging, eclectic editorial mix, including fashion, culture, food, wine, travel, books, art, beauty, business, architecture, design, and more. The magazine also puts a particular emphasis on philanthropy and local history, as well as artisans and craftspeople in Vancouver and abroad.
Founder & Publisher
Director of Sales, Marketing & Distribution
Marketing Distribution Coordinator
Distribution & Office Assistant
MONTECRISTO magazine’s most recent honours are listed below.
Folio: Eddie Awards
2019 Finalist for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine – Fashion & Beauty category for “Uncanny Valley” from the Spring 2019 issue.
2019 Finalist for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine – Fashion & Beauty category for “Overcast” from the Winter 2018 issue.
2017 Honorable Mention for Best Single Article in a Consumer Magazine – Animals category for “The Other Side of Lost” from the Winter 2016 issue.
2015 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (MONTECRISTOmagazine.com).
2014 Finalist for Consumer – Website – General Interest (MONTECRISTOmagazine.com).
Folio: Ozzie Awards
2018 Honorable Mention for Best Print Photography for “Time Management” from the Winter 2017 issue.
2012 Silver Ozzie Award winner for Best Use of Photography in a Consumer Magazine for “Homestretch” from the Summer 2011 issue.
National Magazine Awards
Winner for Best Portrait Photography for “Never Left Art School” from the Winter 2012 issue.
Finalist for Best Still-Life Photography for “Homestretch” from the Summer 2011 issue.
Western Magazine Awards
Winner for 2014 Best Online Magazine (MONTECRISTOmagazine.com).
Finalist for 2014 Magazine of the Year (B.C. and Yukon).
Finalist for Best Arts, Culture, and Entertainment Feature for “Never Left Art School” from the Winter 2012 issue.
Environmental Printing Awards
Silver medal at the 2010 Environmental Printing Awards for the most environmentally progressive print project in Canada.
MONTECRISTO is seeking a Sales Coordinator to join the Sales and Marketing team in the Vancouver head office.
This is an ideal position for an individual with a strong interest in the areas of sales and business development, including a desire to develop into a full-fledged National Account Executive. The successful candidate is driven, resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced creative environment. The full-time, permanent position works closely with the Director of Sales, Marketing & Distribution.
Benefits plan available after successful completion of three-month probationary period. E-mail your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document (no bigger than 1 MB) to email@example.com. Kindly no phone calls. We thank all those interested for their time and care in submitting applications but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to research leads within the high-end Canadian and international consumer marketplace, develop sales strategies, and new business opportunities.
- Handle incoming leads and draft client sales correspondence, proposals and contracts.
- Maintain and update current sales marketing tools and research and develop new sales marketing tools.
- Update and maintain NUVO and MONTECRISTO’s customer relationship management system, which includes deriving client insights to create sales proposals, correspondence and opportunities.
- Recommend and present to decision-makers the vision and unique offerings of NUVO and MONTECRISTO in face-to-face and/or phone meetings, obtain client commitment, and liaise with clients and their agencies, colleagues or other groups to facilitate delivery of product on time.
- Maintain current and prospective client relationships by providing exceptional client service, including timely communication, consistent follow-up, and prompt, efficient handling of client inquiries and needs.
- Assist the sales and marketing team with various team tasks and initiatives such as digital and marketing reporting, marketing activations, and other tasks.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe InDesign and Google Analytics.
- Experience with customer relationship management software, WordPress, Revive Adserver and Mailchimp an asset.
- Confident personality who truly enjoys working with people.
- As a self-starter, you are able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team amid various deadlines.
MONTECRISTO is printed by Hemlock Printers, a carbon neutral company in Vancouver, B.C., using recyclable inks on 100 per cent post-consumer recycled paper that is ethically sourced.
MONTECRISTO consistently strives to improve and promote socially and environmentally responsible initiatives.
- Annually, our in-office recycle program diverts approximately 54 cubic yards of materials from a landfill back into usage—the equivalent of 19,000 litres of water, 46 trees, or 11,000 kilowatts of electricity.
- MONTECRISTO has incorporated Mohawk Options paper for use in the corporate office. Mohawk Options is 100 per cent FSC-certified paper and manufactured with renewable, non-polluting, wind-generated electricity.