To satisfy desires for the taste and hue of summer while offering unexpected sensations, the Strangelove is a strong and bittersweet cocktail showcasing Campari’s inimitable arsenal of complexity. Campari is an essential ingredient of one of the world’s greatest cocktails, the Negroni, with variations of that classic recipe enduring today. This is a contemporary Negroni-inspired design featuring a crisp, botanical foundation of small batch Vancouver-made gin. Campari takes centre stage amongst confederates of sweet and aromatic grapefruit, taming and toning the body and balance of the drink. It is a refreshing spirit-forward cocktail for a seasoned drinker, which may just enchant summer sippers uncertain about Campari’s delicious attributes.
1.5 oz. Long Table Distillery gin
¾ oz. Campari
½ oz. Giffard Grapefruit Syrup
2 dashes Bitter Truth Creole Bitters
01. Combine all liquid ingredients with ice in a mixing glass.
02. Stir thoroughly until well chilled.
03. Fine strain into a coupe glasss.
04. Squeeze oils from the grapefruit peel on to the drink surface.
05. Place peel in the glass as garnish.